Summary – Lesson Learnt From Fingers

Yes, that is my hand eheh. The picture actually shows the polite way of pointing direction. The thumb is used instead of the second finger (called pointing finger right?). It is said that symbolically by using the thumb, we will be reminded that even though one finger is pointing at somebody else, the remaining four fingers are actually pointing at us.

Maybe to be funny we can start pointing at people using all ten fingers. Then no fingers will be back-stabbing us hehe. But being funny aside, we really need to check on ourselves before looking into other people’s fault or mistake. It is very easy to blame others on things happening to us. For example, a student who is getting bad grades. The first thing the parent usually do is to send him to a tuition class. In my opinion, this had indirectly blamed the failure to the teachers teaching at school. It IS true that there are some cases that the teacher is a bad teacher, but I don’t think all teachers in this country is bad. The parent should first check themselves. Are they involved in the child’s education. Had they given the proper motivation and maybe describe the importance of education to the child? Tackle these first, and later we can use that ten fingers kay?

Another example –

A man goes to his doctor and says, “I don’t think my wife’s hearing is as good as it used to be, what should I do?”

The doctor replies, “Try this test to find out for sure. When your wife is in the kitchen doing dishes, stand fifteen feet behind her and ask her a question, if she doesn’t respond keep moving closer asking the question until she hears you.”

The man goes home and sees his wife preparing dinner. He stands fifteen feet behind her and says, “What’s for dinner, honey?”

He gets no response, so he moves to ten feet behind her and asks again.

Still no response, so he moves to five feet. Again, no answer.

Finally he stands directly behind her and says, “Honey, what’s for dinner?”

She replies, “For the fourth time, I said CHICKEN! CHICKEN! CHICKEN!

————— Personal Note ————————–
When I first come to KL. That was in 94, I liked to explore the city by foot. So one day, I was planning to go to Sogo, and being new to the place, I asked this teenager the whereabout. He immediately gave me the direction. Go here then go there. I’ll try to memorize it and after thanking him, I follow the direction he gave me. To my surprise.. after about 15 minutes of walking, I end up meeting the same guy grinning to his ear. He also don’t know where he is. Ceh

Don't want to miss a single tip? Get updates via RSS (Full) or Email

Appreciated action :

This post has 10 comments.

Pictures & Avatar next to all comments are courtesy of Gravatar
  1. Noushy Syah
    25 Jul 07 6:33 pm

muahahahahahha..gotcha!!

Padahal diri sendiri yang pekak!!!

…should something wrong not to blame others instead try to analyze own self…

Thanks Banji, we need this kind of reminder from time to time…I certainly do…:p

2. Banji
    26 Jul 07 12:56 am

noushy – eheh i really like the joke too,

hopefully we all can benefit from it especially me..

hv a nice day everyone

3. filantera
    26 Jul 07 2:36 am

heheheheh how about people who are pointing using lips?

kat mana letak barang tu?

nuuuuuuuuu!!!……(sambil menunjukkan dgn bibir yg termuncung h ehehehhe)

4. Banji
    26 Jul 07 3:17 am

monica – comment removed because suspected a spam.

filantera – thats for ppl who are either had both hand occupied or just plain lazy 🙂

5. syahidatul
    26 Jul 07 5:23 am

hahaha… that’s a good one. diri sendiri pekak. ceh…

it’s always better to point our ownself first, before pointing others. even when we want to give advices, be humble in front of the person first and praise him or her. later u can tell them what are their wrongdoings that they shouldn’t do. usually ppl accept advices that way.

6. fifi
    26 Jul 07 6:47 am

Mr. Banji,
    Hmm…dalam kes yang terjadi kepada blog i, well, kita tak dapat senangkan hati semua pihak, rite. Walau tidak mengganggu oranglain, tetapi bagi orang yang ‘sakit’ tetap akan rasa terganggu.
    If memang penyakit hati sudah bersarang, memang wajar muhasabah dirinya semula.
    Kita pun tak mungkin mampu senangkan hati semua pihak.

7. gina marna
    26 Jul 07 7:58 am

hehe..teringat ade org cakaplah psl muhasabah nii..satu jari tuding orang tapi ingat 4 jari tu menuding pada diri sendiri. maknenye…sendiri mau igtlah..hehe

8. Banji
    26 Jul 07 10:37 am

syahidatul – yes, it is always better to try to understand the other person point of view first before starting to correct him/her.

fifi – mcm cikfifi cakap lah, org yg masalah hati ni mmg ada. apa kite buat akan menyakitkan hati dia. since takde cara nak ubah kenyataan ni, lebih baik kite bersabar dan berdoa.. hopefully diberi petunjuk. Keep an open mind, Mana tahu… kite mmg ada perkara yg boleh diperbaiki

gina – iye.. itulah mesej yg cuba disampaikan 🙂 tq

9. pocket
    26 Jul 07 2:07 pm

‘bang bang… mano nak gi sogo yek?’
    ‘haa.. nampak bangunan tinggi biru tu… lepas bangunan tu la … ‘
    sambil menunjukkan kearah bangunan yg jauh diujung donia sana yg sebesar jari kelingking jer…

basically mamat tu tak tau tu banji…
    so instead of being tak tau.. dia nak jadi tau tapi silap hahahah..

10. Banji
    26 Jul 07 5:54 pm

pocket – hehe tu la, nak cakap tak tau, baju mcm org kl.. malu la ngaku org kl kalau tatau.

sesat dan menyesatkan 🙂

banji Read LessonInLife.com In Your Email

Please enter your email address
    Unconventional Guides