LessonInLife’s Lucky Draw update – I am now announcing that it is now officially closed. No additional participation will be accepted. Thank you to all 24 readers participating. I really appreciate your support. I will now be constructing my very complex randomizer and will post the lucky winners tomorrow.
Summary – Sometimes, being skeptical is a must
Listed below are 7 situation where you must remember exactly how to respond.
1) When someone persuade you to invest money to gain more money
- “How does the scheme make money in the first place?”
2) When someone give you freebie
- “How will you benefit from this?”
3) When someone told you that you’re family
- “How again are we exactly connected?”
4) When someone tell you he’s a police and demand to be allowed inside your house
- “Which police station send you?” (And called the respective station to verify)
5) When someone says “I love you”
- “What about me that you love?”
6) When a stranger ask you to hold on to his luggage while he’s going to the loo
- “Anything illegal in there?”
7) When someone ask for your money to buy bus ticket?
- “Where do you want to go? Let me buy the ticket for you.” (More about this experience here)
I know, all the replies do potray you as being very suspicious. But, I do believe, we are now living in a world where some people are making money from other’s honesty and kindness.
I was recently actually approached by a friend of mine to invest about USD50K (That’s RM150,000) and was promised a guaranteed income of 10% of investment every month until I die. Can you believe that? That’s like you received a total interest of 120% every year.
The first question I asked, is exactly like I mentioned above – “Where does the money come from?” and the answer given was very abstract and general, I’m not so sure he understood what he’s saying too. Thus I find it even harder to believe.
Conclusion – There’s nothing wrong with being suspicious / skeptical when it comes to strangers and money.
———- Personal Note ———- “When your girlfriend ask you is she fat? Don’t look up and down, just immediately say NO :)”
There are some questions which you must know and give out the answer straight away. I remembered an episode of FRIENDS where Ross is teaching Chandler some tips on how to communicate with his girlfriend.
“When your girlfriend ask you is she fat? Don’t look up and down, just immediately say NO :)”