Summary – Daily resolution
Including today, there are still five days left in 2007. What are you going to do with it?
Resolution is actually what we aim to get with a one year work. We can plan in full detail on what to achieve. But whether or not we can achieve it will always remain a mystery. Why? because usually we will only know whether we had achieved our target (weight loss, promotion etc) at the end of the year.
But by then, it will be too late to do anything. Even if we had the time, we will lack the motivation to do so. So what should we do?
The only thing we can do is to not only come up with a one year plan, but to also come up with a daily plan, or a weekly plan. This way, we will know immediately the effectiveness of our plan every week and we can improve and review it accordingly.
I prefer a weekly plan because too much things to do to fit in a day.
– I wonder –
What are you going to do today which will help you in achieving your goals? This is the most important question we need to ask ourselves.
———— Personal Note ————
As promised yesterday, these are my resolution for 2008
- Never miss Solat. All missed Solat must be Qadha within the same day
- To download Islamic preaching and listen to it at least once every two days
- To finish reciting the Quran (Khatam Quran) within the year, that means at least one page per day.
- To visit dearest grandmother in Kedah as often as possible (at least every 3 months)
- Most importantly must learn as much as possible about parenthood, since there will be a new member in the family this coming May InsyaAllah. Need to buy a book on this.
- To study and sit for the steam certificate examination by July 08
- To restart jogging / power walking at least thrice per week
These 4 are at the moment the most important things need to be done. I’m sure you have a similar resolution. Let’s pray we will be able to achieve them