There is always this fear when we are about to get married.
- “Is him/her the right person for me?”
- “Should I just wait for a better person?”
- “There are also maybe something irritating about the person that we fear we will have to live with for the rest of our life. Am I the only one who can see this?”
Fear not my friend. You are very normal as I believe all living person will have the same thought.
When people asked me this question (Yes… people do ask me this type of question), I usually just quote a phrase – Do not expect to have a wife as perfect as *Siti Fatimah when you are not any nearer to being Saidina Ali. *Siti Fatimah is the wife of Saidina Ali, one of the four Great Caliphs of Islam. Both of them are said to be an example of perfect husband and wife.
There are two points to remember.
- Nobody is perfect. A marriage will be perfect if you know all the flaws of your spouse and still you loved him / her regardless, and of course vice versa.
- Satan hates marriage. Why? Because it will be some sort of firewall for us from doing the forbidden /sin. They will try to sabotage the whole marriage by any means necessary. So most probably those doubt within you is just some persuasion from this nasty creature. A’uzubillahi Min Assyaithonirrojim. Nothing else.
Just think rationally with both wisdom and your heart, with a lot of prayer to Him (Solat Istikharah). You will know what to do.
* Correction made pointed out by flighteng. Appreciate it
————— Personal Note ————————–
I remember when I got married, the Murphy Law somehow applies. According to the law, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Nothing big, just that some of the convoy got lost, and in the end… Only the groom (which is me made it to the reception). Luckily everyone arrive just in the nick of time as if everything is according to plan. I still smile whenever I think of this. Any of you guys have funny wedding stories?