Summary – “Powerful Questions” experiment
I am thinking of starting an experiment today. An experiment that if done correctly, we will achieve more in one day compared to what we achieve in one whole week. It’s very easy and I’m sure we can all benefit from it. Ready?
Task 1 : Family
Take note of the time and set your alarm in your phone to 1 hour from now. Answer this question – What two things we can do now (not later, not tomorrow, but NOW) to show to our family how much we love them?
Quickly figure out the answer to that question. To kickstart the experiment, here are some examples of answers :
- I should call my mother over the phone and really talk to her, asking her this and that
- I will write a very short letter addressed to all my family members and put it in writing of how much I love them
There are only 3 rules to the experiment
- We can only do 2 things for each questions, so it is very important to choose action that will have the best impact.
- The answers must be in term of action, not something vague like “I want to be nicer to my parent” or “I will make them happy”. It is also very important that the action is an action we can do immediately. For example, if you’re on a plane, write a thank you card maybe
- You have only 1 hour to finish your task. When the alarm goes off, do the next task. Of course if you finish the first task in 5 minutes, you can choose between straight away do the next task, or wait for your alarm.
Interested? Here are your next task
Task 2 : Spouse / Loved One
What 2 things you can do now to appreciate your spouse?
Task 3 : Career
What 2 things you can do now that will help you be promoted?
Task 4 : Knowledge
What 2 things you can research on the internet now and remember for the rest of your life?
Task 5 : Health
What 2 things you can do now to sweat?
That’s already 10 things done in 5 hours. Not bad! Of course there are more topics to cover and I’m sure you can help me there.
Most of the time, the best way to get things done, is to just plain do something about it. Imagine we spend every hour in our life, doing something that really matters like your answers above (Of course among other things).. That person must be very successful
– I wonder –
Do you have any other suggestion of questions to be answered and practised?
———— Personal Note ————
Just come back from the mill. There’s a contractor installing gearbox and its corresponding motor. However they left the work unfinished, the alignment is all out. So I have to call up my foreman and work together with him to correct the situation. It’s 1 am and I’m very hungry and tired. Good night everyone